Charlotte Eliopoulos, PhD, MPH, RN
Springer Publishing Company
Expiration Date: 12/31/2019
This program is pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
CCRNs: This course is eligible for new synergy model Category B.
Fast Facts for the Long-Term Care Nurse: What Nursing Home and Assisted Living Nurses Need to Know in a Nutshell embodies a holistic approach to nursing that recognizes the importance of quality of life in addition to quality of care.
• Covers essential competencies for long-term care nursing practice
• Presented in a concise easy-to-access format
• Addresses management and leadership issues relevant to the supervision of unlicensed personnel
• Content on regulatory standards, site visits, legal risks, and documentation essentials
• Guides nurses in using evidence-based knowledge in long-term care settings.
Pilot Study Nurse Comments:
- The textbook was very reader friendly ... a great course for someone entering the nursing home work force.
- It covers a lot of information that is relative to today’s long-term care RN. This book would be a great resource for case managers.
- Textbook is excellent! It’s well written and can be used in all disciplines of SNF nursing.
- The class is a good, quick overview of long term care. It is good background knowledge for long-term care.
- Good overview of course topic.